Mittwoch, 27. August 2008

The Perfidies of Getting your Hair Cut in Taipei

After more than 8 months without a haircut, I (Micha) finally decided to go to the hairdresser. Prices are mostly more than reasonable, so that this would not present an obstacle, but the language barrier prevented me from doing it so far. Kamil had cut his hair in Taipei already three times, and after the first two times turned out quite terribly (they did not wet his hair before cutting...), he found a really good place with a well-trained hairdresser named Donna. But again, the young lady - skillfully as she is with her scissors, lacks any knowledge of English... And because our Chinese still is more than only rudimentary, we have some problems in communication there.
...
The hairdresser must have misinterpreted our "jie yi dian dian" (cutting a little, little bit), with which I wanted to indicate to only cut the tips of my hair. Well, instead of cutting 5 cm, she cut about 15 cm! I now have definitely a new look! (But don't worry, my hair was long enough to prevent a real catastrophe.) And as I told you, Donna really is a professional, so I now have really impeccably cut hair - it just turned out a bit different from what I expected:

Anyway, Kamil says it makes me look much younger. ;-) If it's true than even the better!!!
(And it had cost only 550.- NTD, which are about 12.- Euros!)

By the way, one has to be careful in Taipei in choosing the right place for a haircut. Quite many hairdresser's shops here do not only provide a haircut, but have a distinct backdoor where they offer much more than just cutting your hair...

2 Kommentare:

Martin hat gesagt…

Haha, schaut ganz schoen chinesisch aus! Als naechstes sind dann die Augen 'dran!? ;-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Also, ich find das wirklich hübsch - aber wer sagt mir, was die backdoor bedeutet?